At United College London we have the knowledge to design intensive and practical ESP courses for students interested in specific dynamic industries. English for Specific Purposes (ESP) is a learner centred approach to teaching English as an additional language which focuses on developing communicative competence in a specific field. Our students are also exposed to UK Business and/or Academic Culture and real world communication practice and they are able to use what they learn in the ESP Courses right away.
ESP differs from General English Courses and contains these characteristics
- Designed to meet the specific needs of the learners.
- Related in content to particular disciplines
- Use authentic work documents and professional development materials
- Promotes cultural awareness and seeks to improve intercultural competency
- Delivers intermediate and advanced language training
Why choose ESP at UNITED COLLEGE LONDON
At United College London we deliver Intensive Programmes for motivated students of all ages. We concentrate more on language in context than on teaching grammar and language structure. Our ESP Courses are built on an assessment of purposes and needs for which English is required. This is a unique programme and that is why most of our students have chosen us because we analyse which language skills are most needed by our students and the syllabus is designed accordingly.